As the world’s leading publisher of management research we believe that we have a clear and important role in creating resources which help the world become better managed.
Subscribe to Emerald Management First and you will discover our genuine passion for making this a reality.
- Business & management is the world’s most studied subject
- In an era of "information overload" there is a need for high quality, relevant and up-to-date management content presented in an easily digestible format
- Such content should employ language, tone and style that will appeal to managers as well as those studying/researching management
How does Emerald Management First meet this challenge?
- We draw on a unique content base built over 40 years of collaboration with the world's top business schools and universities
- Experienced editors re-purpose detailed research to create distilled articles of around 1,000 – 1,500 words
- We employ language and style that will appeal to practitioners and learners in management
- We provide detailed case studies for deeper research, planning and meeting preparation
- We offer an interface that makes finding and using content simple and speedy
- We offer an award-winning route into the latest and best management research.
Why is it important to me?
Managers should take notice of scholarly research because actions based on sound evidence beat those based on suspect intuition every time. Scholarly research can help managers make better decisions.
Source: “Prospecting for valuable evidence: why scholarly research can be a goldmine for managers”
– Robert I. Sutton.
Bad decision making costs time and money:
- The average UK senior executive makes 20 business critical decisions each year valued at £160,267 each with a self-reported decision "failure rate" of 24 per cent
- The annual cost of "wrong" decisions runs at over £800,000 per head
- Across all sectors, eight out of ten senior executives cite organizational decisiveness as a key factor in the agility of their business.
Source: Capgemini’s UK “Business Decisiveness” report.
What do I get?
- A quality-assured basis for decision-making
- A solution for cutting through the masses of untrustworthy content on the Web
- A solution to “information overload”
- Simple and user-friendly licensing enables downloads and content-sharing
- Built-in interface with social media tools
- Personalization features to create your “one-stop” business homepage
- Knowledge you can apply with confidence in your own organization.
Find out how to subscribe.